- Air handling units VUT EH with electric heater is the complete air handling unit designed to provide both
supply and exhaust ventilation with air filtering and heat recovery. The exhaust air energy is used to heat up
the supply fresh air through the heat exchanger.
- Transported air must not contain any flammable or explosive mixtures, evaporation of chemicals, coarse dust,
soot and oil particles, sticky substances, fibrous materials, pathogens or any other harmful substances.
- All the models are designed for connection with Ø 150, 315 mm round ducts.
- The unit is a component unit and is not designed for independent operation.
≡ operating logic
- Warm stale extract air from the room flows through the air ducts to the unit, where it is filtered, then air flows
through the heat exchanger and is exhausted outside by the extract fan through the air ducts.
- Clean cold air from outside is moved by the supply fan to the unit, where from it is directed to the supply filter.
- Then filtered air flows through the heat exchanger and moves to the room through the air ducts.
- Heat energy of warm extract air is transferred to clean intake fresh air from outside and warms it up.
- Heat recovery minimizes thermal energy losses, energy demand and operating costs for supply air heating
- The unit is a framework construction that includes six rigidly fixed 25 mm (for the VUT 500 EH unit) and 50 mm
(for the VUT 2000 EH unit) thick sandwich panels.
The three-layer sandwich panels are made of two galvanized steel sheets, internally filled with thermal- and sound-insulated
layer of mineral wool.
- The air supply and exhaust unit is equipped with quick-release access panels with special gaskets for easy repair and
- The unit is designed for indoor application with the ambient temperature ranging from +1 °C up to +40 °C and relative humidity
up to 80%.
- The unit is classified as a class I electric appliance.
- The power and ground cables are routed to the terminal block through sealed lead-ins.
- Hazardous parts access and water ingress protection standard:
»Unit motors - IP 44
»Unit assembly connected to air ducts - IP 22
- The unit must be grounded!
- VUT EH a range of compact energy saving air handling units (AHU) equipped with supply and exhaust centrifugal fans,
cross-flow heat exchanger, electric heater and air filters.
» Filters ⇒ two incorporated G4 panel filters for extract air ventilation are supplied with the unit.
» Fans ⇒ The unit is equipped with supply and exhaust centrifugal double-inlet fans with forward curved blades
and built-in thermostat with automatic restart.
⇒ The electric motors and impellers are dynamically balanced in two planes.
⇒ The ball-bearings used with motors are designed for at least 40 000 hours operation and are
» Heat exchanger ⇒ The heat exchangers have high efficiency and are made of polystyrol.
⇒ The unit is also equipped with the drain pan for condensate drainage.
» Heater ⇒ The electric heater at outlet from the heat exchanger is designed for warming up of supply air up
to the set level if heat recovery is not enough to attain the set supply air temperature.
» Automation and control system
⇒ The unit incorporates an integrated automation and control system with a multi-functional control panel
with LCD display.
⇒ The standard delivery set includes 10 m connection cable for connection to the remote control panel.
⇒ The unit has the freezing protection function to prevent the heat exchanger freezing by means of
actuating the bypass damper.
As the temperature sensor warns of the freezing danger, the bypass air damper is opened and the intake air
is directed through the air duct beside the heat exchanger.
As the heat exchanger is warmed the supply air temperature rises up to the set level while passing through
Meanwhile the warm extract air warms up the heat exchanger. After the freezing danger
is no longer imminent, the bypass damper shuts the bypass duct and the unit reverts to the standard
» VUT EH control and protection functions
⇒ control from the control panel: switching on/off, speed selection, timer, faults
⇒ maintaining the set room temperature by the sensor on the control panel – smooth heating capacity control
⇒ three-speed fan speed control (low-medium-high)
⇒ unit operation according to daily and week schedule (timer adjustable from the control panel)
⇒ safe start-up/shutdown of the fans
⇒ electric heater overheating protection by the temperature sensor installed in the supply air duct and by two
⇒ filter clogging control by engine filter time
- The unit is designed for indoor mounting.
- Access for the unit servicing and filter cleaning is from the side panels on the left from supply air side.
- While mounting the unit provide the correct condensate collection and drainage.
- The unit is suspended to the mounting surface through the threaded rod fixed inside the threaded dowel.
- The unit is also suitable also for mounting to a horizontal mounting surface.
- While mounting the unit provide the minimum required access to the unit for maintenance and repair.
- The required minimum distances from the unit to the wall is shown in User's manual.
- For attenuation of sound generated by the fans it is recommended to install the duct silencer from inside before the unit.
- For vibration absorbing it is recommended to install the flexible anti-vibration connectors on both sides of the unit.